It's sad but not unexpected that pubs and restaurants in Edinburgh and across the Central Belt will have to close their doors again from 9th to 26th October.
But again we've been blown away by the resilience of adaptability of our local hospitality industry and seen how quickly venues have pivoted again to keep serving the public and saving their business. We've pulled together a list of restaurants offering takeaway in Edinburgh during this mini-lockdown, and they need us more than ever.
So go ahead and order some grub from your local favourite. It's not greedy, it's heroic!
Thirsty? Check out our list of pubs and bars doing takeaway and complete your big night in.
Just like everyone else we’re doing our best to keep up with the changes. We can’t guarantee that this information is 100% accurate as we’re sure business will continue to adapt on the fly, so double check with your chosen venue for their latest offering.
Old Town restaurants delivering across Edinburgh
- Wedgwood the Restaurant (Old Town) - continuing their restaurant at home experiences every weekend. Pre-order for delivery or collection.
- Angels with Bagpipes (Old Town) - ‘Angels Wings’ 3 course menu with wine for collection or delivery on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Paolozzi Restaurant and Bar (Old Town) - Pizza and beer from collection or delivery within a 4km radius Thu-Sun. Order online.
- Ondine (Old Town) - classic Ondine seafood dishes for takeaway every Weds-Sun. Call or email to order.
- Roti (Old Town) - Indian and Pakistani dishes for takeaway every day from 3pm to 11pm, order online.
- Mum’s Great Comfort Food (Old Town) - exactly as it sounds! Order online for collection or via deliveroo.
- La Garrigue (Old Town) - French favourites and wine for delivery or collection Thurs-Sat. Order online.
- Paradise Palms (Old Town) - American diner inspired vegetarian & vegan food for collection or delivery within 3km of Bristo Square.
- El Cartel (Old Town) - Get your taco fix via takeaway, click & collect and Deliveroo from the Teviot Place restaurant.
- Civerino’s (Old Town) - Pizza for collection or delivery via Deliveroo and UberEats from noon every day.
- White Horse Oyster Bar (Old Town) - Fresh seafood platters for a lobster feast at home, pre-order for delivery or collection every Friday and Saturday. Cocktail gift with every order.
- Hanam’s (Old Town) & Pomegranate (New Town) - Fresh Kurdish and Middle Eastern food delivered within 4 miles of the restaurants. Order now and receive a discount voucher for your next order.
- Vinyasa (Old Town) - Indian restaurant offering takeaway daily between 4-10pm. Order online or call for collection or delivery.
- Mother India Cafe (Old Town) - Local favourite offering Indian dishes for collection or delivery via UberEats every day.
- Ronaq (Old Town & Comely Bank) - Collection and delivery available with 20% off from this premier Indian restaurant, 5-10pm daily. Call to order.
- Scran (Old Town) - burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and more for takeaway daily 10am - 9pm. Order on arrival or pre-order via Facebook and Instagram
Southside restaurants to order from, including Tollcross, Bruntsfield and Morningside
- Tuk Tuk (Tollcross) - Indian street food for collection or delivery, with 20% off your first online order.
- Piccolino (Tollcross) - Classic Italian dishes plus wines and cocktails for collection or delivery. Order online.
- Harajuku Kitchen (Tollcross) - wholesome, traditional Japanese food for collection or delivery from 4.30pm daily.
- Bennets Bar (Tollcross) - pub grub and pints for takeaway (Sat & Sun) or order online.
- Elliott's Kitchen (Sciennes) - Shop and kitchen open for provisions and seasonal, homecooked takeaway, Weds-Sat.
- Maki & Ramen (Southside, Fountainbridge, Leith) - fresh and healthy sushi and ramen for delivery and collection across Edinburgh
- Leftfield (Bruntsfield) - seafood platters, mains, desserts and wines. Order online for collection every weekend.
- Tempo Perso (Bruntsfield) - Italian comfort food and wine for delivery or collection, order online. Monday - Friday 5 - 10pm, Saturday & Sunday 12.30 - 10pm. Enter code “OCT2020”for 20% off.
- Mclarens on the Corner (Bruntsfield) - takeaway beer, cocktails, slushies, pizza kits & hot food. Order online for collection or walk in every day.
- Masti (Morningside) - Fresh Indian food for collection or delivery with 20% off direct orders online or by phone.
- East Pizzas (Morningside & Leith) - Sourdough pizzas topped with locally sourced ingredients. Order online for collection or delivery.
- Boteco do Brasil (Southside) - Brazillian tapas and cocktails for delivery or collection every day from 12pm to 9.30pm.
- Ikigai Ramen (Southside) - Fresh ramen to your door via Deliveroo, UberEats and Just Eat.
- The Sun Inn (Dalkeith) - pub food for takeaway, or their food court remains open for collection.
- The Radhuni (Loanhead) - Award winning Indian and Bangladeshi restaurant offering delivery and collection Tues-Sun. Call to order.
Leith and North Edinburgh restaurants offering takeaway
- Gardener's Cottage (East End) - Autumn Feasting Menu for 2 including pies and wine for £65 delivering to Central Edinburgh on Thursday and Friday. Order online.
- The Little Chartroom (Leith) - 3 course meal with wine for delivery or collection Fri-Sun.
- The Pitt (Leith) - street food from a range of stalls to take away.
- Wee Greek Kitchen (Leith) - Greek food delivered via Deliveroo or UberEats
- Cutting Chaii (Leith) - Indian tapas menu delivered, order online.
- White Sushi (Leith) - Fresh sushi available all day for collection or delivery to EH1-EH2, EH5-EH8, EH15
- The Lioness of Leith (Leith) - Massive burgers to takeaway. Order online via the Reservations link.
- Ooh Mami (Leith) - Eclectic Asian food available through Deliveroo, with a drinks menu coming soon.
- Chop House (Leith, Bruntsfield and Old Town) - Chop House at Home boxes can be ordered online for weekend delivery.
- The King’s Wark (Leith) - Enormous chilled seafood platters with sides, baguette and bottle of wine for £62. Email to order.
- La Riva Pizzeria (Leith) - Top quality pizzas for delivery or collection Thurs-Sun 5-9.30pm. Call, email or order on Just Eat.
- Razzo Pizza (Leith) - Napolitan pizza for delivery or collection, plus beer and wine. Order online.
- Dirty (Leith) - burgers, wings and fries. Email to pre-order or via UberEats Thur-Sun.
- Bodega (Leith) - get your tiny taqueria on at home with Bodega's DIY taco kits. Order online for collection Friday and Saturday.
- Nauticus (Leith) - Nauticus have opened a hatch and paired up with The Peruvian to offer award winning street food for collection Fri-Sun from 1-7pm.
- Dukes (Leith) - chicken wings, veggie wings and loaded fries, plus beers for takeaway or delivery (with 20% off orders over £20) via Deliveroo and Just Eat.
- Spitaki (Powderhall) -Greek takeaway for collection only, Fri-Sun 5-9pm. Call or order online.
- Old Chain Pier (Newhaven) - Comfort food to take away from 12 to 9pm every day.
- The Fishmarket (Newhaven) - the freshest fish and chips for collection or delivery via Deliveroo and UberEats.
- The Light House (Newhaven) - 2 course seafood menu for £25 per person with desserts and wine to add on, pre-order for collection every Friday and Saturday.
- Gautams (Meadowbank) - fresh Nepalese food to order online for delivery or collection.
- Caprice (Musselburgh) - authentic wood-fired pizza delivered locally.
- East Coast (Musselburgh) - Fish & chips, seafood and grill dishes for walk-in or click & collect via the website.
- Dal Patino (Musselburgh) - family-run Italian restaurant offering takeaway 4.30-8.30pm daily. Call to order.
- Mercat Grill (Whitecraig) - get your pub grub to go. Collection and local delivery Thurs-Sun, call to order.
- Malvarosa (Portobello) - Tapas and paella to enjoy at home. Call for collection or local delivery, or order via Just Eat. Order before 11am to receive a free loaf of bread.
Stockbridge, Canonmills and New Town restaurants doing delivery
- Smith & Gertrude (Stockbridge) - wine and cheese delivered for free during the 16 day closure.
- Merienda (Stockbridge) - Meditteranean small plates and wine for collection or delivery Thu-Sat. Order the day before by email.
- Bell’s Diner (Stockbridge) - Burgers, loaded fries and milkshakes. Call for collection or order on Deliveroo.
- Taisteal (Stockbridge) - Venison Wellington meal for 2 to take away. Call, email or DM to order.
- Scran and Scallie (Stockbridge) - order your favourite scran to collect and enjoy at home. Order online or call, 12-9pm, Wed - Sun.
- Wee Buddha (Stockbridge) - Eclectic Asian food to takeaway. Email or DM to pre-order for collection Friday and Saturday 5pm-9pm.
- Hectors (Stockbridge) - Burgers available for takeaway or via Deliveroo. Freshly poured pints also available for takeaway daily.
- Nok's Kitchen (Stockbridge) - Tasty Thai menu for delivery or collection, including a lunchbox for £10.95. Call or order online.
- One Canonmills (Canonmills) - Full menu to takeaway daily, with brunch available on weekends. Order online to collect.
- Good Brothers (Stockbridge) -Takeaway from their collab with King of Feasts fried chicken Tues, Thurs, Fri & Sat, menus coming soon, plus fine wines and provisions.
- L’escargot Bleu (New Town) - French classics to reheat at home, pre-order for collection or delivery within 2 miles of Broughton St every Tuesday - Friday.
- Aizle and Noto (New Town) - tasting menu from Aizle to be finished at home for delivery or collection, or small plates a la carte hot and ready to eat from Noto for collection. Order online.
- Chez Jules (New Town) - French classics for breakfast, lunch and dinner for takeaway from 9.30am until 10pm 7 days a week.
- The Olive Branch Bistro (New Town) - Takeaway dinner available Thurs-Sun 5-9pm. Brunch available Sat/Sun 12-3pm. Order via Deliveroo.
- Novapizza (New Town) - Vegan Italian comfort food for takeaway 7 days a week, with 20% off during mini-lockdown. Call or order via Deliveroo.
- Contini (New Town) - Their Italian set-menu at home offerings continue, order online for delivery within the bypass (plus Balerno, Currie, Musselburgh and Dalkeith) Tues-Sat.
- Six by Nico (New Town) - Their Sicilian menu is now Home by Nico, £50 for 5 courses and a bottle of wine for 2. Order online to collect daily.
- Fhior (New Town) - Weekly changing delicious and simple to finish at home 3 course menu. Order online for delivery to EH1-EH17 Weds-Sun.
- Cafe Andaluz (New Town & Old Town) - Tapas feast £45 for 2 including bottle of cava and desserts. Pre-order for collection.
- Cafe St Honore (New Town) - Weekly changing menu of French favourites, plus wine, for collection Fri-Sun from Thistle St restaurant.
- Stac Polly (New Town) - Seasonal autumn menu delivered to your door, or collect between 5-9pm. Call or email to order.
- Whighams Wine Cellar (New Town) - Dine with wine at home with 2 courses and a bottle of wine for £27.50. Collect between 4-9pm Thurs-Sat. Call or email to order.
- The Pakora Bar (New Town) - Pakoras galore for delivery & contactless collection 5pm onwards, Monday to Saturday.
- The Table Goes Rogue (New Town) - 4 course meal for £35pp for delivery or collection 5.30-8.30pm Thurs-Sat.
- Scottish Malt Whisky Society (New Town) - dine at home 3 course meal with 5 whiskies (and wine if you fancy more) for collection Thursday - Saturday from 4pm - 6pm. Order online.
- The Lookout (New Town) - enjoy The Lookout autumn experience in the comfort of your own home. £38pp for 4 courses for collection or central Edinburgh delivery every Friday. Order online.
West End takeaway options, including restaurants near Haymarket, Dalry and beyond
- Le Di-Vin (West End) - French wine and cheese platters for collection on Fridays and Saturdays. Order via email or Facebook.
- Dine (Lothian Rd) - Food, wine and cocktails for a restaurant experience at home. Order online for delivery or collection Thurs-Sun.
- Navadhanya (Lothian Rd) - Modern Indian cuisine for collection. Order online.
- The Khukuri (Haymarket & Blackhall) - Traditional Nepalese food for delivery and collection, with 30% off during the mini-lockdown. Call or order online.
- Riverlife (Dalry) - French Caribbean fusion cuisine for delivery or collection.
- First Coast (Dalry) - 3 course meal for £20 per person to finish at home on Fridays and Saturdays. Pre-order for delivery and collection.
- Pizzeria 1926 (Dalry) - authentic Napolitan pizza for delivery or collection via UberEats or their own app.
- The Cove (Blackhall) - Indian and Bangladeshi for delivery and collection daily 4pm-10pm. Call to order.
- Newliston Arms (Kirkliston) - pub grub to collect or for delivery to local area. Order online.
- Dantes (Colinton) - Family run Italian restaurant offering takeaway every day from 2.30pm. Call to order.
- Osteria Dei Sapori (Colinton) - Italian classics for collection between 4.30-9pm daily, call, email or DM on Facebook to order.
We’ll try to keep adding new places as we find out about them. If we’re missing somewhere give us a shout on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Marketer, foodie, traveller, rugby geek, petter of other people's dogs.